Time has FLOWN this year… OK not really. But I can’t believe I haven’t posted since January! Coronoavirus has put a huge damper on everyone’s lives, and has affected our family for sure.
I had planned to go full time with Silverbrook Design and Marketing in June, but after some long and difficult decisions, my husband and I decided that the time just isn’t right for our family. But not to worry! I am still pursuing the dream… just a little more slowly for now.
Meanwhile, here’s an update on the 40 before 40 list:
Health and Wellness
- Lose 100 lbs
- Run another half marathon
- Complete a sprint triathlon
- Swim 50 yards in under 40 seconds
- Exercise at least 4 days per week regularly
- Go skiing again
Quit smoking DONE! I haven’t smoked since Nov. 5, 2019UGH unfortunately I started again amidst the quarantine. I’m quitting for real this time, I swear…
- Try Botox – I’m thinking of going for plasma skin tightening instead. Still researching this one.
- Quit drinking soda regularly – Working on this one! It’s hard! But I’ve cut back considerably and am incorporating more water and tea.
Start an LLCDONE! Silverbrook Design and Marketing LLC is in business!
- Operate my own business full time – As mentioned, this is still on hold for now. But the dream is alive!
- Get 5 different customers
- Earn $30k in one year with Silverbrook
- Get 30 blog subscribers (current count = 1)
- Get 50 Instagram followers (current count = 17)
- Get 200 Facebook fans (current count = 137)
Learn a new software programDONE! Learned Adobe Premiere Rush AND Adobe Premiere Pro
- Relearn to play the guitar with Alex
- Visit a state I’ve never been to (choose from Alaska, Hawaii, North Dakota, Vermont, Idaho, Oregon, Nevada, Wisconsin, Arkansas, Oklahoma, or Kansas)
- Take the kids ice skating
Visit another countryDONE! Went to Iceland in November 2019 AND planning a 40th birthday trip to Paris and Rome in 2022!
- Relearn how to crochet
- Take a pottery wheel class
- Relearn enough Spanish to have an everyday conversation
Get a dogDONE! Huckleberry Finn, a gorgeous chocolate Lab, joined our family last summer.
- Take a kidless vacation with Andy
- Weeklong family beach trip – happening in 2 weeks!!
- Family trip to Disney
- Visit my grandma in Texas
- Take a girls trip… somewhere
- Help Mom move to Virginia – happening soon! Her house is on the market 🙂
Take a trip with MomDONE! We went to Iceland together
- Adopt a family for Christmas
- Volunteer at a charity event
- Close down our storage unit
- Get a tattoo to signify Katie – coming August 30!
- Get a tattoo to signify Alex – done! Check out Betty, my tattoo signifying Alex (Sagittarius, the archer)
- Dye my hair a fun color (once I’m no longer a corporate employee) – OMG… so I bleached my hair and dyed it purple during quarantine. I turned out looking ridiculous. #neveragain
- Make family yearbooks from all of our digital photos, starting with 2015-present
Start on an addition to our house– Surprise, we moved! Just before quarantine we moved a whole 2 miles to the neighborhood across the way from our old one. The house is perfect for us and we’re thankful to have had a bigger space to be stuck together in.
Wow, I forgot about some of these. I need to get cracking…